Natural supplements to help support healthy skin and decrease inflammation.
Below are some supplements and lifestyle modifications commonly adopted to help manage symptoms in individuals suffering from inflamed skin conditions. Always seek advice from a qualified health professional prior to changing treatments. Individual results may vary depending on medical history.
These natural supplements may help to support gut health, reduce stress which is one of the triggers of eczema and dermatitis, and decrease inflammation in the body.
- Vitamin C, Zinc and Collagen: helps with wound healing and making new skin.
- Probiotics, S.Boulardii and L-Glutamine: helps with gut healing.
- Withania, Rhodiola and Magnolia Bark: Adaptogenic herbs to reduce cortisol levels if stress is an issue.
- L-glutamine and Magnesium: L-glutamine converts to GABA and helps to reduce anxiety. Magnesium also helps with anxiety and stress.
- Fish Oil, Olive Oil and Sea Buckthorn: natural source of Omega 3, 6 and 9, reduces inflammation.
- Reduce or eliminate energy and caffeinated drinks as stimulants increase cortisol, a stress hormone.
- Reducing foods that can cause inflammation such as dairy, gluten, wheat and sugar is also highly beneficial.
- Milk Thistle helps with detoxifying the liver.
Other natural supplements that may help manage the flare up are in this article.
- If you need to see a Naturopath to balance hormones which could be the cause of Acne, Pimples or Rosacea, we highly recommend Victoria Martin. She can provide extra tests and has complete the training on Body Identical Hormones. She is an expert on Adrenal and Gut Health, and see's many patients with auto-immune disorders.
See her article on How to Support and Heal Skin Conditions from the inside-out.
Learn more about the benefits of natural actives, how they work and how they support the skin barrier in our other articles.
Specialising in Gut Health, creating a healthy relationship with food, emotional eating and women's hormonal health -...Read more