Healthy Banana Split
with Salted Caramel Sauce
Healthy Banana Split with Salted Caramel Sauce
Are you trying to be healthy but craving an after-dinner sweet dessert?
Take your hands off the ice-cream tub – let’s make a healthy version of a banana split.
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt for dairy-free alternative)
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries*
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries*
- 4 tsp cacao nibs
- ½ cup granola
- 4 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 2 tsp honey
Salted caramel sauce
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tsp vanilla bean (or extract)
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare the salted caramel sauce by adding all ingredients into a small bowl and mixing until well combined.
- Prepare the yoghurt by mixing the honey, vanilla bean and Greek yoghurt into the bowl.
- To assemble, cut the banana length-ways and place each side on a small plate. Repeat with all bananas.
- Place a large even scoop of the yoghurt mix in the centre of the banana halves.
- Evenly distribute the rest of the ingredients layered on top.
- Finally, drizzle with the salted caramel sauce and serve immediately.
*Tip: Fresh berries can be substituted for thawed frozen berries for a simple cost saver!