Vitamin B3 5%, Manuka Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, and Green Tea Extract.
Other ingredients: Shea Butter, Lemon-scented Eucalyptus Oil, White Beeswax, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera Juice, Calendula Extract, Vitamin E.
• Vitamin B3 is important for healthy skin as it provides cells with energy to renew itself.
• It is beneficial for healthy skin, especially for those who have sun-damaged skin as radiation from the sun causes immune suppression and DNA damage in cells.
• Maori tribes in New Zealand have used Manuka Oil for centuries for it’s healing properties, especialy for minor wounds, cuts and grazes. It has similar anti-septic properties as Tea Tree Oil.
• It has the highly desirable property of reducing inflammation without increasing the allergic response (study by Chen et al ).
• It also decreases the allergic response, calming and soothing red, inflamed skin.
• It can help relieve the symptoms of cold sores so cold sores heal quicker.
• Evening Primrose oil is a natural source of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, and Gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
• Helps to soothe inflammation and restore the natural lipid layer of the skin.
• Green Tea Extract contains polyphenols that protect plants from UV radiation.
• Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) in Green Tea extract is a potent anti-oxidant and free radical scavenger, reactivating dying skin cells on the top layer of the skin by increasing energy in the cells for DNA replication.
(Professor Damian at the University of Sydney had tested a number of compounds which could potentially prevent this sunlight-induced immune suppression, and found that a form of vitamin B3, called Nicotinamide, had the greatest potential. )